Accelerate your degree.
The RIT Master of Science in Data Science is offered through the award-winning B. Thomas Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences, one of the leading computing science colleges in the United States. If accepted into the program, you will be awarded 9 credits for your MicroMasters® program credential towards the 30-credit master’s degree program at RIT.
Why Master of Science in Data Science?
The demand for targeted expertise in data analytics and management continues to rise. Job openings in data science are projected to grow by 15% by 2020. The Master of Science in Data Science combines practical application with theoretical skills to prepare students to become meaningful contributors to data-driven organizations beginning on day one.
RIT supports flexible education pathways to meet the needs of 21st century global learners. We prepare students for tomorrow’s diverse marketplace by providing multidisciplinary education opportunities to build in-demand skill sets.
- Rigorous, accredited degree programs developed to meet employer demand
- Ranked among top 100 universities in United States by US News & World Report
- 95% job placement rate.
RIT was ranked among the best computer science and engineering schools by Business Insider. The B. Thomas Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences maintains strong partnerships with global industries to ensure degree programs remain current and meet the evolving demands of the computing field.
How to get started.
When you are ready to apply, in order to be considered for admission to RIT, candidates must complete the online application form and fulfill the following requirements:
- Hold a baccalaureate (or equivalent) degree from a regionally accredited institution,
- Have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0* (B average),
- Submit official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work, and your UC San DiegoX Data Science MicroMasters® program credential,
- Have prior study or professional experience in computer programming and statistics, and
- A test of English Language aptitude is required of all applicants and course registrants whose native language is not English. RIT accepts TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE exams.
An advisor from RIT would be delighted to answer your questions and discuss how you can apply your MicroMasters® program credential towards a master’s degree in data science. Contact us today.