Shape your future with a multidisciplinary degree.
Today’s employers in high-demand fields aren’t looking for leaders who are specialists. They need professionals with a breadth of experience, skills, and education to fit a newer, more versatile mold. In fact, the World Economic Forum recommends advanced education that builds a broad, multidisciplinary—not specialized—skill set to best prepare for the jobs of 2020 and beyond.
Accelerate your customized degree.
With RIT’s master of science in professional studies, you customize your degree by choosing multiple fields of study to reflect—and create—your career direction. Combine your talents, interests, traditional or alternative higher education, work experience, and career goals to create a meaningful master’s degree highly regarded by industry and academia.
You will be awarded 12 credits for your MicroMasters® program credential toward the master of science in professional studies at RIT. You need only complete an introduction to the degree course, five courses of your choosing, plus a capstone project to earn an accelerated degree.
Here are just some of the subject areas to choose from:
- Applied Statistics
- Data Analytics
- Product Development
- Information Technology
- Lean Six Sigma
- Project Management
- Business Management
- Service Leadership
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Network Security & Systems Administration
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Technical Communications
Explore stackable credentials.
With RIT’s master of science in professional studies, you may assemble a series of traditional degree-based and/or nontraditional credentials (certificates, certifications, licenses, badges, apprenticeships and more) that recognize achievements and provide an accurate assessment of your knowledge, skills and abilities. The more you accumulate, the more you increase your portfolio of knowledge toward a degree.
How to get started.
When you are ready to apply, in order to be considered for admission to RIT, candidates must complete the online application form and fulfill the following requirements:
- Hold a baccalaureate (or equivalent) degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- Submit official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work, and your BerkeleyX Marketing Analytics MicroMasters® program credential.
- A test of English Language aptitude is required of all applicants and course registrants whose native language is not English. RIT accepts TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE exams.