Accelerate your degree.
The Master of Science in Professional Studies is comprised of two or three areas of study tailored to your academic or career objectives, resulting in a customized, interdisciplinary, and career-oriented graduate degree. This program is offered through RIT’s School of Individualized Study, which allows you to select from courses across RIT’s graduate programs.
You will be awarded 12 credits for your MicroMasters® program credential that will serve toward one concentration area. You need only complete an introduction to the degree course, five courses of your choosing, plus a capstone project to earn an accelerated degree.
Design your degree.
The World Economic Forum recommends that to prepare for the jobs of 2020 and beyond, workers must possess a broad, multidisciplinary skill set. Your advisor will help customize your plan of study based upon your experience, interests, and academic and career goals.
Here are just some of the subject areas to choose from:
- Applied Statistics
- Product Development
- Information Technology
- Data Analytics
- Lean Six Sigma
- Project Management
- Business Management
- Service Leadership
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Network Security & Systems Administration
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Technical Communications
Why Professional Studies?
Meet Mohamed Gassama, MS Professional Studies
“I decided to do the Professional Studies program because it gave me the opportunity to customize my study. The Professional Studies program allowed me to have significant control over the courses I took, and by extension my destiny.”
RIT supports flexible education pathways to meet the needs of 21st century global learners. We prepare students for tomorrow’s diverse marketplace by providing multidisciplinary education opportunities to build hybrid skill sets.
- Ability to study on campus or online and receive the same prestigious degree
- Rigorous, accredited degree programs developed to meet employer demand
- Ranked among top 100 universities in United States by US News & World Report
- 95% job placement rate
How to get started.
When you are ready to apply, in order to be considered for admission to RIT and the School of Individualized Study, candidates must complete the online application form and fulfill the following requirements:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Submit official transcripts in English of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work, and your MITx Principals of Manufacturing MicroMasters® program certificate (requires a B or equivalent).
- Submit a current resume, personal statement of educational and career goals, and two letters of recommendation
- A test of English Language aptitude is required of all applicants and course registrants whose native language is not English. RIT accepts TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE exams.
An advisor from the School of Individualized Study would be delighted to answer your questions and discuss how you can design your customized master’s degree using your MicroMasters® program credential as a foundation. Contact us today.